Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Lawyer Lost!! Negligence!!

While drafting my last post I was struck with, at least in my opinion, a brilliant idea. It seems that these days everyone who screws up at their job gets slapped with a 'negligence lawsuit' by overeager Lawyers. If a Doctor has a patient who doesn't get well - he gets sued. If McDonald's somehow forgets to tell you that your coffee is hot - they get sued. If a politician screws up - we (generally) vote them out of office. Even my summer job comes with a severe risk of 'negligence' litigation.

All of this begs the question - if I go to court, after being promised by my lawyer that he'll win my case for me, and loose, can I sue him for courtroom negligence? He's the one who screwed up! He lost the case thanks to his own ineptitude! Not only that, but he's probably guilty, to some extent, of false advertising - I mean, I swear I saw an advertisement where he offered to get me justice - and loosing isn't justice! I'm the victim here! Surely my other lawyer will be able to sue my primary one for me! If not I'll sue him too! We'll see who opposes capping damages at $250,000 after I finish suing my lawyer for $500,000 because he lost that clearly winnable case!

On a more serious note, I wonder if they really could swallow their own medicine? Somehow, methinks the answer is no.

No comments:


These Messages Brought To You Courtesy of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy