Friday, January 20, 2006

Words to Consider....

As I was doing some reading today, I encountered the following prayer. It was written by Sir William Stephenson, a Canadian who worked for British Intelligence here in the US. It is thought to have been carried around by Elanor Roosevelt in her purse during the War. It goes like this:

Dear Lord,
Lest I continue my complacent way
Help me to remember, somewhere out there,
A man died for me today.
As long as there be war
I then must ask and answer:
Am I worth dying for?

As soon as I read it, I was reminded of the line from the end of Saving Private Ryan: "Earn this." In any case, remember this prayer not only when you think of the War today, but when you think of World War II as well.

Just something to ponder as you go about your day.

No comments:


These Messages Brought To You Courtesy of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy